The cold weather is coming and, for some, it's already here. There's nothing like a warm drink to warm you up from the inside out, especially after a long day at work, a day of holiday shopping or even after a day of playing in the snow. That warm drink will help warm you up, and so will just a little bit of alcohol added to it. See below for some cold weather cocktail recipes to try this winter.
1. Spiced Coffee
This is a good drink for days when your plain old coffee just won't do.
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons whiskey
- Whip all ingredients together to form stiff peaks.
- Divide the ingredients between two glasses.
- Add the whipped cream to the top of each glass.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin spice (optional).
2. Spiked Hot Chocolate
This is hot chocolate all grown up.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (you can also use white chocolate)
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 ounce bourbon
- whipped cream (for the topping - optional)
- Melt the chocolate chips in a saucepan on the stove over low-medium heat.
- Add 1/2 cup of milk to the melted chocolate.
- After the chips are all melted, add the rest of the milk, the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin spice and stir continuously until well blended.
- Pour a small amount of the mixture into two glasses, then add the bourbon to each glass (divided evenly).
- Add the rest of the mixture to each glass and top with your whipped cream. You can also add more pumpkin spice atop the whipped cream.
3. Orange Spiced Tea
For the tea drinkers, this is definitely not your usual sleepy time tea. Enjoy a glass while curled up with a good book or with good company.
- 1 orange spice tea bag
- 8 ounces apple cider
- 2 ounces rum
- Cinnamon stick
- Heat the apple cider in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add your tea bag for five minutes.
- Then add the rum to the mixture stirring to blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy. You can add a cinnamon stick for garnish and for extra flavor.
These drinks will help keep you warm on those cold winter nights. Make them for yourself, or invite over a few friends to share your cocktails. If you're in need of the right alcohol, consider visiting a store that specializes in liquor, such as Universal Discount Package Store. Always be sure to drink responsibly.